Make yourself at home in this contemporary 2 bedroom Mid Market flat located in Kirkliston, West Lothian.
The property benefits from fully fitted flooring throughout, and appliances such as Cooker, Fridge Freezer and Washer/Dryer. The Kitchen is fully fitted and the Sitting Room provides a generous amount of space. Each of the two bedrooms are spacious with built in wardrobes. The family bathroom has both a bath and a shower.
LL Reg: 205819/230/08000
To find out more or to obtain an application form, please contact Ballantynes.
About Mid-Market Rent
Mid-Market Rent is affordable housing designed to meet the needs of households unlikely to be successfully housed by local authorities or Housing Associations due to pressure of housing supply.
Mid-Market Rent is a form of affordable housing for those in work. Properties have a lower rent charge than other parts of the private sector, and here at Home Group ours form part of our affordable housing portfolio.
As a Customer you will be given a Private Residential Tenancy. We will manage the repairs service and all other contracts such as grounds maintenance and stair cleaning.
The benefits of a Private Residential Tenancy:
* It gives you more security as a Customer - it's an open ended tenancy, meaning home group can't just ask you to leave because you've been in the property for a set length of time
* Protection from frequent rent increases- your rent can only go up once each year, and home group must give you at least three months' notice of the increase
* Any rent increase can be referred to a rent officer, who can decide if its fair
* If you've lived in the property for more than 6 months, Home Group have to give you 84 days notice to leave (unless it's because you've done something wrong)
* If you think you were misled into moving out, you can apply to the first tier tribunal for a "wrongful termination order". If you get the order it can award up to 6 months' rent in compensation
* Local authorities can apply to Scottish Ministers to cap the levels of rent increases in areas where rents are rising too much
Applicants need to be in work and will be expected to pay the rent without the assistance from Housing Benefit.
They will be individuals or households that have a gross income that meets the minimum income criteria set out below and does not exceed the maximum.
Area Minimum Maximum
Dundee £17,000 £36,000
Edinburgh £21,000 £39 067
Glasgow £17,000 £36,000
Preference in the allocation of either Mid-Market Rent housing will be given to:
* Those living in private rented housing
* Those living with family, friends or relatives
* Those lacking security of tenure in their current home.
* Owners of properties where a change of circumstances (e.g. health or relationship breakdown) is forcing or requiring a move
* Those either currently occupying or holding positions on waiting lists in respect of Council or Housing Association property.